Marriage can be like the windows in a house that needs repairing. Cold drafts can get in and ruin the joy of being in love. Also, things can “ice over” making your relationship cold inside. Moreover, if the windows of your love are not locked, thieves could get in and take what you have. Join us via live recording and learn how to fix the windows in your marriage!
Repairing the Windows in Your Fixer Upper
Three Ways to Fix the Windows in Your Marriage
Song of Solomon 2:8-17
Common Problems with Windows
- Drafty Windows
- This can effect your power bill and the comfort of your home.
- It can be repaired with caulk or sealant around the frame.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to replace the window.
- This is when windows become foggy or iced over.
- The seals between your window panes has failed.
- It puts undue on pressure on your heating unit.
- Cracking, Warping, or Rotting Wood
- Temperature fluctuations can cause window frames to warp.
- This causes a draft that allows moisture into your house.
- Eventually, the wood begins to rot.
- Faulty Windows
- Windows that are sticking, and need to be propped up are dangerous.
- Windows without a functioning lock are unsafe.
“Window” Problems in Marriage
- Cold air can get it and you lose the joy of being in love.
- When things ice over, your relationship gets cold on the inside.
- Serious damage can occur in your marriage if your windows are not repaired.
- You become vulnerable to thieves when your windows don’t function.
- The following are three ways to fix the windows in your marriage:
1. Spend Time Together
Take the time to replace the rotten wood and warped frames around the windows of your marriage!
Understand that love is grown in the time you spend.
- How did you meet your spouse?
- As an example, I will use my own story.
- At first we are unsure of our love.
- However, the more time you spend together, the more your love grows.
- The moments you spend together become landmarks in your relationship
- That first date that you still remember became a building block.
- Love grows with each moment you spend with each other.
- Even after marriage, love keeps growing.
- A healthy love life will grow a little every day
- “I love you more today, than I did back then.”
- Consider the relationship that you have with the Lord.
- The more time you spend with Him, the more your grow to love Him.
- My love for the Lord grows cold when I do not spend time with Him.
- When I am not faithful to Church, my love for Him fades.
- If I forget to read my Bible, my love for Him shrinks.
- When I do not take time to pray, my love for Him dies.
- The more time you spend with your spouse, the more opportunities you have for your love to grow.
Be deliberate in planning your time together.
- Does “absence make the heart grow fonder?”
- To some extent it does.
- However, being together builds your love!
- Make it time for just me and you.
- No phones
- No distractions
- Just the two of you together.
- Living in the same house is not the same as having a good marriage.
- Think about the old warn out phrase, “two ships passing in the night.”
- Your marriage can become this cliche phrase- two separate live under one roof.
- However, it should be one amazing life together!
Consider the way that God made you.
- God made man and woman to fit together like a two-part puzzle.
- There is an incredible amount of truth in the statement, “my better half.”
- God made you to complete each other in ways that are truly amazing.
- A love that is according to God’s will is incredible!
- He made you to complete each other.
- He made you to worship and serve him together.
Learn to appreciate how different you are.
- Women like to have face time.
- They long to talk face to face intimately.
- Take for example my 4 year old trying to get her Daddy’s attention.
- She wants to just to know that what she says is important to you.
- Men like to have shoulder to shoulder time.
- They just want to do something together.
- Men bond by sitting side by side.
- You don’t even have to talk.
2. Kiss Every Day!
Fix those drafting windows that a cooling off your love life!
There is power in connecting in ways that we were created for.
The Bible puts this in perspective, in the Song of Solomon
1:2, “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.”
4:11 “Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.”
- Your affection can completely change your marriage
- Holding hands- experiencing the gentle touch of love.
- Embracing- holding each other like no else is in the world.
- Putting your arms around each other can make all your problems seem small.
- Kiss like you mean it! It can be intoxicating!
- Kissing is a natural thing to do when you are in love.
- Imagine Adam and Eve figuring that out!
- God made a husband and wife to be together, so why not BE Together!
- There are enough problems in this world, your marriage does not have to be one of them.
Take the 15 Second Challenge!
- Everyday kiss your spouse for at least 15 seconds.
- Just long enough for it to be real kiss!
- Find out what 15 seconds a day can do for your marriage.
Realize that your love can be fixed!
- You do not have to leave in a cold, drafty house.
- All you have to do is fix those windows!
- You may not have the money to fix the windows in your house.
- However you can fix the windows marriage at for free!
3. Secure Your Marriage.
Fix those locks on your windows so that you can secure your marriage.
Keep the thief locked out.
- The Devil hates your marriage
Joh 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
1Pe 5:8 “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
- He is looking for a way into your marriage, and he is checking all the windows.
- He will sneak in with things like:
- Lock the devil out of your marriage.
- Do not give him the chance to slip in.
- Think about what the devil is doing.
- He is tempting you with that pornography.
- He is putting thoughts about other people in your mind.
- He is planting ideas that will destroy your marriage.
Be on guard for things that could hurt your marriage.
- That innocent lunch with the opposite sex could turn into something more.
- You could develop feeling for that person.
- It seems easier to start over than fix your problems.
- That innocent text message could lead to something serious.
- You could end up texting things you should only text to your spouse.
- How is what I am doing or about do affect my marriage?
Work through the problems in your marriage together.
Three ways to fix your the windows in your marriage.
- Spend Time Together
- Kiss Every Day
- Secure Your Marriage
Remember that God has something amazing planned for your marriage.